Eileen’s early interest in places visited with her parents as a child, was possibly the seed that was planted by them for a love of old historical buildings and scenery that have inspired many a painting. Her mother an avid gardener with an abundance of Roses and flowers, is another reason why Eileen’s flower painting’s are Big and bold.
She paints in Water mixable oils as her favourite medium, and likes the easy clean up but with the oil consistency of regular oil paint. She has also painted in watercolour and acrylic’s and also pen and inks.
She strives to capture that feeling of light and shadow, a moment in time that creates that feeling of being whole and satisfied when you look at a picture.
Eileen Myers was born in England and attended the Nottingham College Of Art, 1961-1965 Graduating with Intermediate and National diploma in Design, majoring in Fashion Design,
After starting her career in Fashion designer she emigrated to Canada In 1969 and continued in the industry and even incorporated a short spell Teaching at George Brown College. With a love of sewing she also taught sewing at night school and did sewing alterations for stores, she started a small business making soft sculptured Dolls and craft.
Her life dream was to be an Artist from an early age, but it was not to be until later in life that she had the opportunity to get back to doing the art she wanted to do. She took many courses over the years, joining art groups and learning new techniques until she found her groove.
After retiring she had more time to devote to her painting and was a member of several art association, and participating in bi-annual shows and Juried Shows.
At the Oshawa Art Association she was an active member of the executive board, and was the Program Coordinator/Workshops for the group for many years.
Since moving to Colborne she has joined the Colborne Art Gallery and looks forward to participating in their shows and participating in the Co-Op.
CV - eileen MYERS
Graduating in 1965 from the Nottingham Collage of Art ,
- Intermediate Diploma in Fashion Design 1964
- National Diploma in Fashion Design 1965.
- ART ASSOCIATIONS
- Art Guild of Scarborough -2002 -2017
- Certificate of merit 2013
- Exhibited in Spring and Fall Group Shows 2012- 2017
- Exhibited in Juried Cedar ridge 2015 show
- Oshawa Art Association 2013-2021
- Exhibited in Annual Juried shows at Robert McLaughlin Gallery
- Exhibited in Spring and Fall shows 2014- 2019
- Exhibited in Gallery 67 co op of Oshawa art association.
- Program Co-ordinator 2015-2018
- Station Gallery Whitby
- Exhibited in Member artists juried shows.
- Donated to drawing for art exhibition and sale.
- Pine Ridge Arts Council 2013-2016
- Exhibited in annual Juried shows
- Won Honourable mention in 2015
- Ajax council for the arts
- Group show Todmorden Mills -2017
- Sunnybrook Hostpital group show 2017
- Art Square Gallery, Toronto, group show 2017
- Spring and Fall Group show 2017
- Scugog Council for the arts
- Exhibited in Annual Juried shows 2016-2017
- Garden and flower group show 2017
- Oshawa Peony Festival 2015 -2018
- Exhibited in festival winning first prize in 2017
- Southern Orchid Society 2015-2017
- Won first prize and best in class 2015- 2016
- Won Third prize in 2017
- Oshawa Seniors Centre 2013 -2019
- Exhibited in annual juried show at Robert McLaughlin Gallery
- Elgin Military Museum 2014
- Donated a picture of Submarine to the exhibition.
- Allans Artists 2018 2020
- Exhibited at several group shows of Allans Artists.
- Colborne Art Gallery , Co Op 2020
- Exhibited in Fall show of 2020
51 King St. E.
The Gallery is currently closed
due to Covid-19 concerns. We
look forward to when we can announce a re-opening!
Normal hour are: Thursday to Sunday
12 to 4PM, March thru December