6th Annual Open Juried Show Call For Submissions
Juror: Celeste Scopelites, Director: Peterborough Art Gallery
Celeste has been the Director at the Peterborough Art Gallery since the FAll of 2008. She was previously Director/Curator at the Art Galery of Sudbury (AGS), where she developed the exhibition Daphne Odjig: A Retrospective Exhibition, resulting in a partnership with the National Gallery of Canada and included a national tour and catalogue. Prior to that, Scopelites held the position of Curator & Manager, Residency Program at the Living Arts Centre, Missisuaga. She is familiar with managing studio and exhibition spaces and brings experience in strategic planning, fundraising and partnership building to her role at the AGP. She holds an MFA from Cranbrook Academy of Art, Michigan, AOCA, Ontario College of Art and Design, Toronto and a BA from the University of Guelph. She has completed two terms on the Board of Directors, Ontario Association of Art Galleries and is a member of CAMDO. In June 2015, Scopelites completed the Getty Leadership Program.
COLBORNE ART GALLERY
6th Annual Open Juried Show
Call for Submissions
The member artists of The Colborne Art Gallery invite you to participate in our Sixth Annual Juried Exhibition, open to all emerging and established artists (with the exception of Colborne Art Gallery members). The Gallery provides a uniquely light filled space in a wonderful historic building where your artwork will be seen by our loyal following of friends and patrons.
Deadline for Submissions:
Sunday, March 18, 2018
Date of Exhibition:
Saturday, April 21, 2018 – Sunday, June 3, 2018
Opening Reception and Awards:
Saturday, April 21, 2018, 2–4 pm
- Mayor’s Choice award (Cramahe Township Mayor, Marc Coombs)
- Juror’s Choice award (Celeste Scopelites)
- Plus Additional Awards
Conditions of application:
We welcome submissions from all visual art forms; painting, drawing, mixed media, photography, printmaking, sculpture, fibre, glass and fine jewelry, ceramics, metal & wood work, and digital media.
Works must be original and completed in the last two years. Works from patterns or kits or pieces made in a class or workshop are not acceptable. All works must be for sale.
Submissions must be emailed to email@example.com no later than Sunday March 18, 2018 with the heading “JURIED SHOW SUBMISSION”. They will be reviewed by our guest juror Celeste Scopelites
Your emailed submission must include the following:
- Your name, full mailing address, and phone number.
- Up to three attached images for submission, maximum file size 2 Mb each. If your file size is greater than this it will not be viewed. Videos can be submitted as a link to their current online location. The juror will make her selection based on your submitted image, so submit the best image possible. If on viewing, the piece varies from the submitted image it may be declined.
- The maximum size for wall pieces (including frame) is 36” wide (90 cm). Sculpture/installation pieces should be a weight that can be handled easily by two people (at the jury’s discretion). Floor space available is 36” (90 cm) square. The maximum plinth size available is 24” (60 cm) square. Digital media such as videos must be 15 minutes or less.
- For each image attached, include name of piece, medium, size, date created, and sale price, in the same order as the attachments. ALL artwork must be for sale.
- The submission price is $20 per piece, non-refundable, with a maximum three pieces per artist. You may make your payment online at the time of application, using our PayPal function (on this page). Any other payment methods will not be accepted.
- Payment must be received by March 18, 2018 in order for your work to be presented to the juror.
- Artists with accepted work will be contacted by phone on or before March 31, 2018. If you are accepted you will also receive a confirmation email with a label form attached. Please complete the label information and attach it to the back of the accepted piece on delivery to The Colborne Art Gallery.
Delivery of selected artwork:
Deliver to The Colborne Art Gallery (we cannot accept shipped artwork):
SUNDAY, APRIL 15 thbetween 2:30 and 4 pm or
MONDAY, APRIL 16 between 9:00 and 11 am.
- Artwork must be ready for hanging or display (i.e. framed and/or appropriate hanging devices) with an identification label attached to the back of the work. Frames must have screw eyes installed at least 3” from the top of the frame, with hanging wire attached. Digital media must be on a USB flash drive (the gallery can supply a digital media streamer and a large flat-screen TV).
- All artwork chosen to be displayed must remain in the Gallery until the close of the exhibition.
- The Colborne Art Gallery will handle all transactions for the sale of your artwork, and remit your portion of the sales at the end of the exhibition. The Gallery will take a commission of 25% on all sales.
- The Gallery is not responsible for insurance coverage against loss or damage for the artworks. You may wish to secure your own insurance for the work during the exhibition.
- It is understood the Gallery may photograph selected works for reference and publicity purposes.
- All final exhibition decisions are at the discretion of the Gallery.
Pick up of artwork:
Selected artwork must be picked up at the Gallery at the end of the show (we cannot store artwork):
Sunday June 3 between 2.30 and 4 pm or
Monday June 4 between 10 am and noon.
Our mission statement:
The Colborne Art Gallery is dedicated to building awareness and accessibility of contemporary visual art as practiced by its members and guest artists. By seeking the widest possible audience, the gallery supports and advances the careers of local artists while contributing to the cultural life of the Northumberland Community.
We welcome your submissions and look forward to your participation in the show! If you have any questions, please email the gallery at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Pay for Your Submissions Here:
Once you have read the submission guidelines and submitted your work you can pay for your submissions here using any credit card via secure, safe Paypal. Select your number of desired submissions below. The page will refresh and you can then proceed to the checkout.
|Submit one piece to the Juried Exhibition:|
|Submit two pieces to the Juried Exhibition:|
|Submit three pieces to the Juried Exhibition:|
Please direct any questions you have to email@example.com