2020 - 8th Annual Open Juried Show
JURIED SHOW IS POSTPONED TILL A LATER DATE.
NEW SHOW DATE TO BE ANNOUNCED!
Artist’s Submission Deadline is extended to May 26, 2020.
Deadline for Submissions
May 26, 2020
Delivery of selected artwork
New Dates will be announced.
New Dates to be announced.
Opening Reception and Awards Presentation
TO BE ANNOUNCED!
Mayor’s Choice award
(Cramahe Mayor Mandy Martin)
Juror’s Choice award
Plus Additional Awards
Juror: Kim-Lee Kho
Multidisciplinary Artist & Art Educator Kim-Lee Kho is a multidisciplinary artist whose artistic practice encompasses 2D, 3D, installation, video and performance, working with traditional, digital and hybrid media. She is also a popular teacher, speaker and juror, which she has done at the invitation of art groups around southern Ontario for over 10 years. Kho teaches regularly at Neilson Park Creative Centre in Toronto and the Haliburton School of Art + Design. Her broad experience with media, genres and formats informs her jurying process. Kho’s current solo exhibition ‘Heartspace Hotel’ is at Toronto’s Gladstone Hotel January 25–March 5, 2020.
$1000.00 in total prize money awarded, split between several awards.
Mayor’s Choice award (Cramahe Mayor Mandy Martin)
Juror’s Choice award (Kim-Lee Kho)
Plus Additional Awards
Our mission statement:
The Colborne Art Gallery is dedicated to building awareness and accessibility of contemporary visual art as practiced by its members and guest artists. By seeking the widest possible audience, the gallery supports and advances the careers of local artists while contributing to the cultural life of the Northumberland Community.
We welcome your submissions and look forward to your participation in the show! If you have any questions, please email the gallery at tent settings. You can also style every aspect of this content in the module Design settings and even apply custom CSS to this text in the module Advanced settings.
How to Apply
Conditions of application:
All visual art forms will be considered: painting, drawing, mixed media photography, printmaking, sculpture, fibre, glass, fine jewelry, ceramics, metal, woodwork and digital media. Work must be original. It will not be considered if made from patterns, kits or done in a class or workshop.
email submissions must include
- • Your name, full mailing address, and phone number.
• Up to three attached images for submission, maximum file size 2 Mb each. If your file size is greater than this it will not be viewed. Videos can be submitted as a link to their current online location. The juror will make her selection based on your submitted image, so submit the best image possible. If on viewing, the piece varies from the submitted image it may be declined.
• The maximum size for wall pieces (including frame) is 36” wide (90 cm). Sculpture/installation pieces should be a weight that can be handled easily by two people (at the jury’s discretion). Floor space available is 36” (90 cm) square. The maximum plinth size available is 24” (60 cm) square. Digital media such as videos must be 15 minutes or less.
• For each image attached, include name of piece, medium, size, date created, and sale price, in the same order as the attachments. ALL artwork must be for sale.
• The submission price is $20 per piece, non-refundable, with a maximum three pieces per artist. You may make your payment online at the time of application, using our PayPal function (on this page). Any other payment methods will not be accepted.
• Payment must be received by May 26, 2020 in order for your work to be presented to the juror.
• Artists with accepted work will be contacted by phone on or before June 15, 2020. If
you are accepted you will also receive a confirmation email with a label form attached.
• Please complete the label information and attach it to the back of the accepted piece on delivery to The Colborne Art Gallery.
delivery your artwork
- Deliver to The Colborne Art Gallery (we cannot accept shipped artwork):
• Artwork must be ready for hanging or display (i.e. framed and/or appropriate hanging devices) with an identification label attached to the back of the work. Frames must have screw eyes installed at least 3” from the top of the frame, with hanging wire attached. Digital media must be on a USB flash drive (the gallery can supply a digital media streamer and a large flat-screen TV).
• All artwork chosen to be displayed must remain in the Gallery until the close of the exhibition.
• The Colborne Art Gallery will handle all transactions for the sale of your artwork, and remit your portion of the sales at the end of the exhibition. The Gallery will take a commission of 25% on all sales.
• The Gallery is not responsible for insurance coverage against loss or damage for the artworks. You may wish to secure your own insurance for the work during the exhibition.
• It is understood the Gallery may photograph selected works for reference and publicity purposes.
• All final exhibition decisions are at the discretion of the Gallery.
pick up of artwork
- Pick up of artwork:
Selected artwork must be picked up at the Gallery at the end of the show (we cannot store artwork):
- Date (TBA)
Payment must be made via the form provided below. Late payment will result in your submission not being considered. Please note: Your submission fee of $20 for each artwork entered is non-refundable.
While PayPal is our payment gateway, it is not necessary to have a PayPal account to complete your transaction. Select one of the three options by clicking Buy Now. This will take you to our payment gateway, where you may log into your PayPal account if you have one or select Pay with a credit or Visa Debit card. (Visa, Mastercard, AMEX, Discover Cards Accepted). Payments must be made by May 26, 2020 in order for your work to be presented to the Juror.
PAYMENT FOR SUBMISSIONS
Once you have read the submission guidelines and submitted your work .
Choose the number of desired submissions and click on the BUY NOW button.
You will imediately be transferred to the safe, secure PayPal Gateway to complete the transaction. (note: you do not require a PayPal Account)